In my previous article, I looked at why traditional cortisone creams are not the best way to treat eczema and other inflammatory skin conditions. I also took a brief look into some of the ingredients in Mojo Magic’s natural skincare products and how they can be hugely beneficial to those who have eczema.
In this article, I will take a look at the rest of the ingredients in my products, which will explain why I chose them for this special formulation, and why Mojo Magic products have been so successful in treating eczema.
Mojo Magic – Natural Skincare Products for Eczema
Organic Baobab Oil
The star of the show and one of the two main active ingredients (the other being MSM) in our formulation, organic Baobab offers incredible benefits for skin in general, as well as for inflammatory skin conditions like eczema.
Extracted from the seed of the Baobab tree, this oil can be used to cook with, for hair treatment as well as for skincare.
This magical oil is extremely rich in omega-3 fatty acids as well as other fats which include:
- Linoleic acid
- Linolenic acid
- Oleic acid
- Palmitic acid
Because Baobab oil is so rich in omega-3 oils, it is one of the most effective ingredients in natural skincare, especially for eczema. It offers the following benefits:
- Prevents loss of water from the skin – this is extremely important for eczema as it is often characterized by dry, flaky, and itchy skin. Natural moisture in the skin is crucial for the prevention of eczema
- Helps to repair the skin’s barrier – when the skin’s barrier is compromised, it becomes vulnerable to infection. Eczema is also characterized by skin which has been damaged due to excess scratching, inflammation, and prolonged use of cortisone cream. Therefore, this property of Baobab oil is highly valuable in the treatment and prevention of eczema
- Helps to heal the skin faster – particularly useful in eczema as it speeds up the healing process, protecting the skin from infection
- Reduces inflammation – eczema is an inflammatory skin condition which requires a reduction in inflammation for successful treatment
- Moisturizes the skin – eczema is known to produce dry patches on the skin. Baobab oil can help with providing much needed moisture to affected areas
- Antibacterial – Baobab oil contains a natural chemical which makes it a potent anti-bacterial remedy. This is a crucial component for the treatment of eczema and to prevent infection. In many cases, eczema can be weepy, and the skin can be broken, making the patient prone to infection
Chamomile is most commonly used as a tea and is known to provide soothing and calming effects. For the same reason, it offers great benefits for the treatment of eczema:
- Soothes red and inflamed skin – two of the most prominent symptoms of eczema is redness and inflammation. Chamomile is known anti-inflammatory which makes it a useful ingredient in our special formulation
- Antiseptic – chamomile offers mild anti-septic properties which make it useful in the treatment of eczema and the prevention of infection that often happens in more severe cases
- Moisturizes – another soothing property offered by chamomile which is essential for the treatment and management of eczema
Rose Geranium Oil
Rose Geranium belongs to the geranium family which is native to South Africa and has been used for centuries to treat a variety of ailments ranging from skin conditions to respiratory ailments.
This gorgeously scented oil offers the skin some important benefits:
- Balances the skin’s natural oil production – this helps ensure the skin stays moisturized. As we know, moisture is absolutely crucial for the treatment and management of eczema
- Anti-bacterial – rose geranium reduces the risk of infection by fighting of bacteria
- Soothes irritated skin – this beautiful oil has amazing soothing properties which can help during serious eczema flare-ups
Lavender is known as the poster child for essential oils – everyone knows about it and almost everyone loves it. It is beneficial for many reasons, but here are the benefits that it provides the skin:
- Anti-microbial – lavender oil has shown to successfully tackle certain bacteria which have been linked to causing and aggravating eczema
- Heals wounds – particularly useful for the more severe cases of eczema where there is weeping and damaged skin
- Helps to regulate skin’s moisture levels – the skin needs oil to stay moisturized and well moisturized skin may minimize the symptoms of eczema
Organic Tea Tree Oil
Another popular essential oil which is often underestimated for its valuable medicinal properties, tea tree oil is an invaluable addition to Mojo Magic’s formulation.
- Reduces inflammation – extremely important for eczema as it can become quite inflamed during flare ups
- Heals wounds – tea tree oil can speed up the healing process, making people with eczema less prone to infection
- Antihistamine – eczema is often an allergic response to a stimuli. Tea tree oil has shown to reduce the allergic response to external irritants
- Antimicrobial – a potent antimicrobial which fights off fungi and bacteria, tea tree oil protects the skin from infection
- Itch relief – eczema is characterized by extreme itchiness. Tea tree oil provides significant itch relief, making it an important ingredient in our natural skincare products
I always make sure that the amount of tea tree oil in my products is safe, ensuring protection from systemic reactions.
Mojo Magic – Natural Remedies for Eczema
I have put immense thought, care, and love into our formulation to ensure that it is not only safe to use long-term but also highly effective for the treatment of eczema and other inflammatory skin conditions.
Mojo Magic products are versatile and can also be used as a daily moisturizer, suitable for the face and body.
Please visit my products page to find out more about Mojo Magic skincare and feel free to contact me for more information.